Q: Very low fuel efficiency

Trying to figure why I only get about 14 miles to the gallon when the average is about 24

Your mileage is low compared to the EPA rating. Your vehicle was sold with a 3 yr/36,000 mi basic, 5 yr/60,000 mi powertrain warranty. In the event that there is an engine or transmission problem that accounts for the low fuel efficiency that you are experiencing, you should make a warranty claim to see if there is something that the dealer can do to resolve this.

You can maximize mileage by: keeping the tires adequately inflated; ensuring vehicle wheel alignment is correct; check for stuck brake caliper(s); maintain consistent vehicle speed; make sure engine temperature is in normal range and not too low due to a stuck open cooling system thermostat; check oxygen sensors as worn out or faulty oxygen sensors will cause higher fuel consumption; check for worn out spark plugs; low engine compression due to mechanical defects; slipping components in the transmission; dirty or leaking fuel injectors; defects in EGR system; exhaust restrictions; and excess weight in vehicle. If mileage does not improve after verifying all of the foregoing, or if you simply want all the foregoing inspected, please request a vehicle fuel efficiency diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this issue investigated and resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you

3. Very low fuel efficiency