Q: Leaking fluid AND sometimes won't start right away.

Three times in about 3 months the water we put in the container (instead of antifreeze) leaks out. Not running hot so obviously it isn't ALL leaking out but a great deal because we have to fill it back up and see it on the driveway. This past week, when we go to crank the car it will turn over once , twice then nothing then it will start. Are they related?

Hi there. Typically a ’coolant leak’ and a hard starting problem is not related. However, coolant should be mixed at a ratio of 50 percent coolant and 50 percent distilled water. Adding water instead can thin the mix, crack the overflow reservoir (when the weather gets cold) and create future overheating issues. It might be a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic com to your location and inspect your coolant leak, flush your coolant system and fill with the proper ratio to avoid further problems down the line. While they are they, you can have them complete a car is hard to start inspection.

3. Leaking fluid AND sometimes won't start right away.