Q: Engine light on code P0401

Engine light on with code P0401 EGR flow problem. EGR tube has been cleaned and ERG valve replaced but light back on. Don't know what to do next?

Assuming that the passageways, including any through and within the plenum and intake are truly completely clear, there is likely a problem with other EGR system components. On your vehicle, Diagnostic Trouble Code P0401 involves not just blocked passageways and a defective EGR valve but also could signify problems with the vacuum hoses, wiring, and connections to the EGR valve, the control solenoid, the EGR air control valve, or the EGR temperature sensor. All of these components have to be individually tested to find the fault. If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an EGR system diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Engine light on code P0401