Q: I have a leak of water coming from my motor do I need a head gasket my car keeps running hot

My car runs hot water is leaking from my motor

Hello. Though there are a lot of areas that can leak coolant on this car, it is common for the head gasket to fail and cause this. If the leak cannot be easily seen I usually pressure test the system to find the leak. If that does not help then dye may need to be used to located where the coolant is leaking from. Either way, the leak will need to be repaired prior to moving further with the vehicle. I typically do a block test also to make sure that there is not a head gasket issue prior to replacing any other parts. If you are going to have this repaired, have a technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to diagnose the coolant leak and make the necessary repairs.

• I have a leak of water coming from my motor do I need a head gasket my car keeps running hot