Q: Immobilizer ring was damaged. Can I bypass the device?

asked by on October 30, 2016

Thief tried to steal the van broke the anti theft device car wont start. How can I start it without the security system...or can i buy a used device or immobilizer and program it by m self ....thanks for your respose

Hi there. If the vehicle has a security system, you will need to replace it with the manufacture security system (providing the thief had destroyed the OEM part). If the thief had destroyed an aftermarket security system, then you can get any one of them and replace it. If you need further assistance with your vehicle, your best bet may be to consult with the dealer to see if they can bypass the anti-theft system or help you get it replaced.