Q: Door ajar' light keeps dome light continually on

My truck’s ‘door ajar’ light is keeping the dome light on continually and I know this will drain the battery. I fixed a battery problem and I took out the fuse in the dashboard light to protect the battery. But even then, the ‘door ajar’ light will not go off! I have checked and the door is well shut, but it is just not registering with the truck that it is closed. What is causing this and how can I get the ‘door ajar’ light to go out?

Hello. Normally, the cause of this problem is that the door lock switch is sticking or has failed completely. The door lock switch is located in the door jam, usually near the door latch. When the door lock switch gets stuck, it usually keeps the interior lights on and the door ajar light will be on in the dashboard. This part is easy to replace and is inexpensive as well. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come and replace the door lock switch at your own convenience.

3. Door ajar' light keeps dome light continually on