Q: My 2005 Kia Sorento doesn't have the power to go down the road. It will start and run, but it won't go faster than 35 mph.

asked by on March 10, 2017

My 2005 Kia Sorento doesn't have the power to go down the road, it will start an run but it won't go faster than 35mph. It all happened after I changed the spark plugs an wires an then blew a hole in the muffler but I got that fixed but it still doesn't have the power it used to. My father-in-law thinks it's my timing but not for sure, I don't want to have to do anything that I don't have to do. Will you please help me answer this?

Check to see if any vacuum lines were disconnected when your engine was serviced. A vacuum leak can cause the engine to have a loss of power under a load. If all of the vacuum lines are good, then the catalytic converter could be clogged as the exhaust having too much oxygen in the system due to the exhaust leak that you had repaired. If the catalytic converter seems to be in good shape, then the timing could be off on the engine causing the ignition sequence to be late. If you need further assistance with your vehicle having a loss of power, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.