Q: Can a side engine mount leak? 2003 Acura MDX

My Acura MDX 2003 has fluid leak around passenger side engine mount. Color like oil, but a different smell. Is this liquid-filled mount? There are no power steering leaks. All hoses and power steering reservoir that located in the same area are clean. Thanks, Nick

Hi there - yes, the motor mounts in your Acura are hydraulic, containing a small amount of fluid, and can leak if damaged, or if they fail. I would recommend an engine mount replacement by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.