My car died while I was driving and I can't get it starte...

Q: My car died while I was driving and I can't get it started again. Fuel is being pumped and I have spark. What could be the issue?

I was driving home yesterday and my car died. I checked the fuel pump, the air intake, and the ignition coil and replaced the ignition coil it cranks but won't start.

It is possible that the timing belt has slipped or is broken which would cause loss of compression. You can check cylinder compression to get an indication of that. Also, you should check for fuel from the injectors, not just pressure on the fuel rail. Although you may see a spark, it has to be determined if the spark is really sufficient. You could still have an ignition system fault. I suggest checking the timing belt first (check engine compression). If no obvious cause of the no start comes into view, simply request a no start diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will resolve this. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.