Q: Noise above 40 mph

asked by on June 28, 2016

I have a heavy duty cutaway service van with 175000 miles on it. While driving on the freeway it started making a wooing noise from the front end when I drive above 40 mph. It gets louder when I turn right and still the van is still moving. If I turn left and still moving the noise goes away. I had the ball joints and wheel bearings replaced at a front end shop. I drove it again and the same thing happened. I brought it back to the shop and they told me the front rotors and calipers needed replacement. But I already put in the new parts and replaced them myself with new pads. Do you know what this could be? I am mystified.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Many different things can cause a drivetrain noise above 40MPH. The most common are wheel bearings, driveshaft, U-joints, or the differential. If you’d like some assistance with these checks, feel free to contact a qualified technician who will be able to diagnose the noise and perform any repairs that are required.