Q: Car clicked when trying to start it so I changed battery and now it just shuts off when I try to start it

asked by on October 29, 2017

Car wouldn't turn over it just made a clicking sound but all the lights would turn on, we changed the battery and now it shuts off instead of clicking or turning over. (It's a push to start)
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

If the vehicle will not start with a good battery then you need to see if the theft system is activated? Try to hold your key FOB next to the push to start button before pressing button to see if it starts? If it starts then try to replace batteries in key FOB. If it still will not start then you will need to have theft system scanned and tested to see if there are stored codes and have them tested to isolate cause of system failure.