Q: Q: Was driving manaul transmission 03 vw golf. When I went to shift from 4th to 5th the gear didn't engage and after wouldn't engage

Was driving manaul transmission 03 vw golf. When I went to shift from 4th to 5th the gear didn't engage and after wouldn't engage any other gear. But it still drives so must be stuck on a low gear 1st or 2nd. But stick is all loose.

Hello. If the vehicle is still moving when in gear and the clutch pedal released then you may have a broken shift fork or a much more serious internal transmission failure. Typically I will check the shift linkage first to see if it is movable. If not then the transmission will need to be taken apart to repair it. You should have a transmission specialist take a look at it.

3. Q: Was driving manaul transmission 03 vw golf. When I went to shift from 4th to 5th the gear didn't engage and after wouldn't engage