Q: Concern wether my 2 front axles really needs replacement?

How do I really know if what needs to be replaced it's the boot or is it really the axle shaft? I went to get new tires and I was quoted for $803.98 at Firestone . I am a woman/student and dont want to get ripped off just because I drive a BMW, and more so I want to make sure that it's really needed, I was told it was leaking oil , how do I also know that's true, because I have not noticed leaking around my tires or when the car it's parked.

Generally, the leaking from the axle shaft area is caused when the boots crack and the fluid is leaked out. The tricky part about identifying this is knowing when the boots actually cracked, when they began leaking and to what degree. They can sometimes crack slightly leaking very small amounts causing enough of a lack of lubrication to the axles or allowing enough debris into the axle shafts to damage the axles shafts themselves. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle prior to making any repairs to be sure you are only repairing what is necessary.

3. Concern wether my 2 front axles really needs replacement?