Q: Error message of reduced engine power is on and truck won't start.

yesterday we were sitting at a store idling, when truck just up and died. radio was still on, lights still on. tried to turn it back on, and after about 5 minutes, it finally started and we were able to get home. This morning, I try to start it again, and the error message on dash says Reduced Engine Power, was started less than 30 seconds and died. What is the issue, and how easily can it be fixed? Thanks!

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. The reduced power light is on for one or many things that could be wrong with engine, transmission, or fuel system. First check the computer for any possible codes that could be shown up for the light to come on. Check the mass air flow sensor, the camshaft position sensor, the fuel pump relay, the fuel pressure regulator, and for any loose wiring. See if anything is out of the ordinary that could cause this symptom to occur. Replace any defective part that could contribute to stalling your vehicle. If you need further assistance with your engine stalling with the reduced power light, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.