Q: oil light is on, oil tech suggested sensor to be replaced

2021 chevy hhr. Oil tech suggested sensor to be replaced

If the Mechanic tested the oil pressure sensor and found it to be bad or, in lieu of that, used a pressure gauge to measure the oil pressure at varying RPM’s and found the pressure to be with the limits set forth in the Factory Service Manual, then replacing the sensor would be logical. If the sensor appears good though, and pressure is good, you always have to check for the possibility of a wiring fault, of course. If you want a second opinion, the sensor can be tested in an oil pressure light is on diagnostic. Such can be scheduled at YourMechanic’s website. If the sensor does test bad a certified Mechanic dispatched by YourMechanic can replace the oil pressure sensor at considerable savings over what a shop would charge.

3. oil light is on, oil tech suggested sensor to be replaced