Q: Tried to charge a battery alarm goes off

asked by on October 15, 2017

I plug my battery charger to my dead battery alarm goes off

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

This is a problem in the garage a lot. You connect a battery and the alarm sets, then the car goes into lockdown and you can’t start it. Sometimes it takes some experimenting. I would start by charging the battery while it is disconnected from the car. That might be all that you need to do. If not, and the alarm goes off when you hook up the battery, just bear with it and finish hooking up the battery. Close the trunk and the hood and all the doors and lock the car using the key fob. Then the alarm should reset and you can unlock the car using the key fob normally. You will not be able to lock the car while the trunk or hood is open so that might be where you are having a problem. If this doesn’t work for you, contact YourMechanic. they can send a technician to your home or office to check out your alarm problem and let you know what it is going to take to fix it.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr