Q: I have a 2004 Honda Civic GX, we are having an issue when we go to turn on the AC the fans try to kick on but can't. They will sta

I have a 2004 Honda Civic GX, we are having an issue when we go to turn on the AC the fans try to kick on but can't. They will start for a second and then turn off, what could be wrong?

The electric cooling fans are powered through relays, a fuse, and a control module. The fan motors themselves should be tested (the fan motors can be independently powered, on or off the car, to see if they work properly) and entire circuit can be tested per the detailed protocol set forth in the Factory Service Manual. Also, you want to test for excessive voltage drop, due to resistances, in all of the wiring harness supplying the fans. Sometimes the fan plugs will get loose and/or have corrosion and that will prevent reliable operation. If you want the required diagnostic steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request radiator cooling fan inspection/diagnostic/replacement and the responding certified mechanic will get the root cause of the faulty operation pinpointed and then let you know what must be repaired and what the cost is. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I have a 2004 Honda Civic GX, we are having an issue when we go to turn on the AC the fans try to kick on but can't. They will sta