Q: Is the wheel bearing and rotor made all together? How do I get the rotor off?

asked by on March 08, 2017

I'm trying to get the rotor off of my truck and it will not come off. So I need to know how to get it off? and is the wheel bearing and rotor all made together?

Hello, thank you for writing in. False, the rotor and the wheel bearing are two separate components. The rotor just becomes incredibly hot and dirty fusing it into place. If you have a lot of dust, snow, or rain in your area, the rotors will be even harder to remove. While force with a mallet around the edges (not on the braking surface!) will often bust the rotor loose, you may need to result to chemical brake cleaners. The brake cleaners will need to sit and saturate the caliper for a moment, and then you can try to remove the caliper again. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.