Q: Electronic power steering was damaged from improper tow I patched eps however truck will not turn over. Serv.elect.throt.Cont

asked by on September 23, 2017

The EPS mechanism near the front driver's side Tire was damaged due to an improper tow. I have since patched the damage however now when I go to start the truck it won't even turn over I am getting 3 error codes service electronic throttle-control, service power steering, service airbag. Before now I had driven it without power steering for a couple days and had not received the code service electronic throttle-control. I have disconnected the battery and let it sit for 15-20 minutes to try and reset the ECU but it was to no avail I'm still getting the codes and the starter will not even turn when I turn the key. I guess my question is this, aside from Towing it to an authorized repair shop what is my best course of action? I have tried just about every solution I can find online. Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance for your help in this matter.

Inasmuch as you disconnected the battery, check to be sure that the engine immobilizer has not become activated. With a fully charged battery in good condition, and the immobilizer (security) system off, if the starter motor does not operate at that point, there are only two possibilities: 1) either there is no power to the starter motor/solenoid, or an excessive voltage drop, hence the entire starter circuit would have to be diagnosed (lots of components and controls); or 2) there is power but the starter/solenoid itself is bad and that includes intermittent operation which does happen. If you desire that a specialist from YourMechanic determine which of these is the issue, and get it resolved, please request a no start diagnostic. Once the vehicle is running, if codes remain obviously those can and should be resolved as well. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.