Q: My oil light turns on when i brake. My car is a Nissan Sentra 2001 and it has 156,667 miles. Although oil change was just recent t

My car is old and has high mileage. I understand that these cars will give us more work. But why is my car becoming slower to accelerate after a brake. And how does the oil affect the brake and acceleration?

The oil pump is driven by the engine. At higher engine speeds, oil pump pressure rises as the pump turns faster. However, when you let your foot off the gas, to brake, engine speed plummets and oil pressure falls as well. In an older engine with both worn bearings and a worn pump, oil pressure may fall enough that the warning light will turn on. Slow acceleration has a variety of causes. Fuel injectors can become clogged over time as the tiny passages become clogged. When an injector is clogged it can degrade the performance of the vehicle and the car may accelerate slowly or feel that it does not have enough power. Other symptoms include a rough idle, a vehicle that is hard to start and a decrease in fuel efficiency. A defective fuel pump will not supply enough fuel to the injectors. This can cause the vehicle to accelerate slowly, or even sputter and stall, especially at high speeds. A clogged fuel filter can also restrict the amount of fuel that reaches the injectors. A dirty airflow sensor can cause the wrong data to be be sent to the computer. A slow accelerating car is the result of this incorrect data. It may also trigger the Check Engine Light. Other causes of poor acceleration are vacuum leaks, a defective throttle position sensor and a defective idle air control valve. To get the underlying cause of the problem pinpointed and resolved, you can request an engine diagnostic for slow acceleration and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My oil light turns on when i brake. My car is a Nissan Sentra 2001 and it has 156,667 miles. Although oil change was just recent t