Q: Yesterday my heater control valve broke. so I replaced it but it still overheats and there's no heat. Should I replace the t-stat

asked by on March 09, 2017

New radiator and heater control valve but truck is overheating and blowing cold air no heat. Will replacing the thermostat resolve this issue?

You will need to have the a/c controls in the heat position when filling up the cooling system to get out all the air in the system. You may need to replace the thermostat if the engine was overheated bad you may have blown a headgasket. Once all ait is out of the system check for overheating. You may need additional work to fix the overheating if the engine was allowed to get too hot when the valve broke.