Q: Power Steering Hard Line Hose.

We had a leak in the power steering. We dug through and found where it was leaking. It was NOT the regular hoses. It was a crack in the metal hard pressure hose. We are having a hard time finding the name of the hose to buy a replacement part. We have also talked to mechanics in our area who act like they don't have a clue what hoses we are talking about. Help!

Hello. Steel tubing is used in BOTH pressure and return lines. It is used in relatively low pressure return lines to protect the line from mechanical damage. You can trace both lines back from the reservoir, or the pump, to identify whether the segment you need is a return line or the pressure line. If you need someone to take a look at this, a qualified pro, like one from YourMechanic, can inspect the power steering leak and can replace the hose for you once the correct part is identified.