Q: Third ignition coil not getting power

The third ignition coil pack, that is responsible for firing cylinders three and six, is not getting power. I can detect no spark. The coil is less than a year old, and I did test it to make sure it was still working.

Coil packs are usually mounted on an ignition control module that controls the signals for the coil packs to fire. If the coil is good just not working the module may be the problem. Along with the module being tested and wiring to the module and the signals going into it should be tested as well. A wiring schematic and specialized diagnostic information is usually necessary to complete the testing so assistance from a mechanic such as one from YourMechanic is advised.