Q: Car has sat for three years.

My car has sat in the driveway for three years without starting. What do I need to do before I can start it?

Assuming the vehicle didn’t have any problems before it was parked, the only thing you will probably need to get it started is a battery. The battery will definitely be dead and most likely require replacement. Before you drive the vehicle, check all of the fluids and make sure they are full. Check the tires and tire pressures as well. I suggest you have a trained professional, such as one from YourMechanic, give you vehicle a checkup before you hit the open road.

3. Car has sat for three years.