I recently installed a radio in my Chevy blazer. I disconnected the negative terminal on my battery before I started. Once I wired The radio up I cranked it to make sure everything worked well, I listened to a song for maybe 15 seconds then turned it off and started plugging up the rear hatch button and the 4wd buttons and my headlight switches. Could I have blown a fuse by doing so without having my battery disconnected ? It won't even make a click or clank when turning it over. As I go to insert my key into the ignition it goes bananas and the rear hatch unlocks as if I was pressing it 10 times in a row. My dash lights go very dim then off when I try to turn it over. The radio won't turn on or anything now and I even charged it for 2 hours with 40 amps. I tried jumping it off as well but to no success. When I open the door and turn my lights on it seems fine but as soon as I insert the key, the car dies.
My car has 170000 miles.
My car has an automatic transmission.
Hello. It sounds like you may have a problem with either a low battery or a bad connection at the battery. This can easily occur when doing electrical work like this. It is also possible that a fuse blew when the battery was hooked back up so if the battery is fine and if the connections at the battery are fine then the system will need to be diagnosed. If you need to have this starting issue looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why it will not start] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-not-starting-inspection
Our certified mechanics come to you ・Backed by 12-month, 12,000-mile guarantee・Fair and transparent pricing