Q: I have a no crank no start issue and the check engine light is on?

So my car has a no crank no start problem and the lights still work but the check engine light comes on. I was supposed to change my oil at 159356 miles and my car is now at 160000 miles but I've Gone longer than 3000 for changing my oil before and it was fine. Also I have already tried charging my battery by connecting to my sister car but it didn't work. I'm worried my engine burned out! Is there still a chance it's my battery? Or is it a problem with my engine? If so is it going to be an expensive repair?

If the problem is simply no starter motor operation the fault is typically quite limited so, no, it is not likely to require an expensive repair and your engine is probably fine. First, the battery should be load tested to determine if it is usable. With a fully charged battery that passes a load test, or a new fully charged battery as required, and the immobilizer (security) system off - check to be sure the immobilizer is not activated - if the starter motor does not operate at that point, there are only two possibilities: 1) either there is no power to the starter motor/solenoid, or an excessive voltage drop, hence the entire starter circuit would have to be diagnosed and the fault found and fixed; or 2) there is power but the starter/solenoid itself is bad and that includes intermittent operation which does happen. In scenario No. 2 the starter motor would simply be replaced. If you desire that a specialist from YourMechanic determine which of these is the issue, and get it resolved, please request a no start diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.