Q: Car stalling while in park or drive. It's not the battery.

Car stalls while in park or drive. I changed the battery already, so that is not an issue.

While the battery itself may be in good condition, disconnecting or replacing the battery actually can cause your Chrysler 300 to stall out at a low idle, or instead idle too high. The reason for these issues is that the computer’s memory has been wiped clean during the battery change and it needs to relearn the software in order to idle, shift and then drive correctly.

There is something you can attempt before turning to a certified mechanic to help conquer this concern. Start the vehicle, and with your transmission in park and parking brake on, step on the gas pedal and get the RPMs up to 1500-2000 for a couple of minutes. This will allow the engine to warm up to a proper operating temperature. Once it reaches this point, the vehicle should be idling smoothly on its own. Whether it does or does not, your next step will be to drive your Chrysler for a few miles at this temperature. Doing these things allows the computer to relearn how much air and fuel the engine needs to operate properly. This should clear up your concern.

However if you aren’t comfortable performing this task or if you’re still having issues after attempting it, enlisting the help of a trained professional to inspect your stalling issue will not only save you time and aggravation but it will determine quickly why your vehicle is having difficulties idling and help you get your vehicle driving worry free.