Q: No throttle response on 2012 dodge avenger

got a jump on a bad battery, cable clamp and positive post coroded, replaced battery and cable clamp, when started for the first time the etc light and the code P0562 came up. pulled and cleaned accelerator, replaced throttle body, removed and tested alternator, it was good, checked fuses, we reset the system with hand scan tool didnt work. did a relearn on the cars system by disconnecting the battery, touching + and - cables together for 10 seconds, then left the cables, not touching anything for one hour. re connected and put battery back. car sounded for a second that it was going to get some response, then just as quick nothing. it idles, but nothing when accelerator pressed. any suggestions that i can try before we get a new ecm.

In the future, please include the motor size. Thanks.

Your electronic throttle system consists of the throttle pedal assembly with an accelerator pedal position sensor, the throttle body which consist of a TPS (Throttle Position Sensor), throttle plate actuator, the ECM and other sensors that the ECM uses to decide the throttle position as well as many other factors. You have done a good job with the basics. The P0562 code simply states there has been a power interruption, which you already know.

What I would be doing next is studying the scan tool data. The first thing I would be looking at is the throttle pedal sensor data. If this has failed, the ECM won’t see the throttle pedal move. I have replaced very few ECM’s in my 20 plus years working on cars. Before I do, I do as many tests as I can think of to prove it is indeed the ECM. Even so, Chrysler has been the largest recipient of those replacements. I would check all voltage inputs and grounds at the ECM. Followed by making sure all the other inputs are being received by the ECM. This is often quite a task, so don’t take it lightly.

It is conceivable something has been damaged during the jump start. The proper procedure to jump start modern cars is to turn on all accessories when jumping the car. This will allow more paths for potential electrical spikes to travel instead of the ECM or other more delicate systems.

If you should require more help with this repair, I recommend having one of our mobile technicians help you with a thorough inspection of your unresponsive gas pedal. Good luck.

Good luck!

3. No throttle response on 2012 dodge avenger