Q: Car won't continue running - 2007 Dodge Nitro

Replaced battery, computer, and alternator. The dash warning lights come on and the lights will dim as soon as that happens the car shuts off. I need help I done spent 1500 in parts

This may suggest you have a grounding problem somewhere or potentially a failing voltage regulator. This is a unit that regulates the charging of the battery by the alternator. Often times, this will result in the alternator allowing too much power to be delivered to the battery, damaging wires and prematurely destroying the battery.

In other cases, it may result in the alternator not supplying enough power to the battery, undercharging the battery, or not charging it at all. In either case, I would recommend having an expert, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose your vehicle’s charging system and figure out the best course of action for you.

3. Car won't continue running - 2007 Dodge Nitro