Q: Had crankshaft sensor replaced, and car is still stalling when slowing down.

asked by on October 10, 2016

The crankshaft sensor was replaced last month due to car stalling. The SUV will begin stalling while slowing down to turn, yield or at signal light. The battery was replaced 3 years ago. The lights aren't dimming that I know of and the radio works fine. No problems ever in the past until after replacing crankshaft I've had constant problems since. Brakes failed and now this again. Please help me.

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thanks for writing in. If the engine is only stalling when coming to a stop, then it may be a defective crankshaft sensor that was installed or commonly this is caused by a dirty or failing throttle body. I have seen a lot of these fail and cause this. I usually start by cleaning the throttle body first to see if it helps. If it does not, then I would check the crank sensor signal and monitor the other sensors when the problem is occurring as a bad air flow meter will also cause this. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this stalling issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.