Q: Window regulator broke How can I determine if the window motor on the broken regulator will work on a replacement regulator

The other day the driver side front window regulator broke when I push the button to roll down the window the window slid all the way down into the door I pulled the door panel off and can tell the regulator cable is broken when I try to roll the window up or down I can hear that the motor is still working but can I take that motor off of the broken regulator and put it on a replacement regulator that I order or how can I tell if the motor is okay or if it was damaged as well when the window regulator broke??

If you can hear the motor run in both directions but the window regulator is broken then you should not have a problem replacing just the regulator. I would suggest replacing the motor and regulator as an assembly since the motor may fail and then replacing the motor at a later date will require double the labor again. Also the motor and regulator assembly is not much more than just a regulator assembly and will need to only do job once.

3. Window regulator broke How can I determine if the window motor on the broken regulator will work on a replacement regulator