Q: Putting in a new battery but the horn, lights, and wipers come on and won't stop.

asked by on March 19, 2017

jeep was dead, tried to jump it but only the horn, all lights except dash, and wipers came on. had battery tested it was dead bought new one and tried to hook it up but the same thing started happening

Check the light switch, the horn switch, and wiper switch. If the switches are not working, then they will need to be replaced. If the switches are good, then there is a loose or broken ground wire on the steering column to the switches. If you need further assistance with your electrical issues, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.