Q: My car leaks under the dashboard when it rains or I go through a car wash near the brake & gas petal

asked by on June 10, 2017

When it rains (or I got through a car wash) my car leaks under the dashboard near the brake & gas petal. My carpet it soaked now and I have to replace the carpet. Please tell me what to do and where to go. Thank you

Hi there. Water leaks can come from various sources: a clogged drain tube in the AC/Heater box can cause overflow through the heater vent, or faulty cowling can cause water ingress into the passenger compartment. Once the source is found, then a repair can be formulated. The best way to find the source is to have one of our mobile mechanics come to your location and complete a leak inspection, so they can determine how to repair this issue.