Q: 2006 Audi A4 Quattro won't start but I cranks over and everything else works

asked by on October 26, 2017

So first my coolant reservoir cracked so I fixed it but after that a little while later I went to start it and it started but dies so I restarted it and maybe made it 100 feet before it died while I was still moving now it won't start at all it cranks over but all the lights work and everything else but won't start

Car starts and then dies Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Kayla. Thanks for contacting us tonight. In most cases, when an engine will start but dies quickly, it’s caused by a fuel pump relay that is shorting in and out, a mass airflow sensor that is not working correctly, or an ignition coil (coil packs) that are worn out - or possibly exposed to condensation. Since there are multiple possibilities, it is probably best to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car starts then dies inspection.

for a no start there can be several reasons for a no start. You may have no fuel pressure due to a bad pump or other causes. You may have no spark to the spark plugs and can be caused by several causes. My suggestion would be to get the computer scanned for codes and the fuel pressure checked to try and isolate cause of no start. If you need assistance then have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come to you and diagnose the no start for you.