Q: Is a Nissan Murano with a CVT transmission supposed to rev so high when driving from a standing position? 2007 Nissan Murano

The car revs very high when.pulling away and through its gears then settles down to much smoother drive when 6th gear

Hi there - cars with a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) do behave somewhat differently than traditional manual or automatic transmission vehicles. By design, from a standing start, the engine is allowed to rev to a range where it produces power most efficiently, and the transmission adjusts gear ratios dynamically to accelerate the vehicle while the engine stays relatively constant. This does give the impression that the engine is "running away", although once the desired cruising speed is reached, the transmission again adjusts and engine speed is reduced. If you still feel that engine/transmission behavior is incorrect, I recommend a transmission inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Is a Nissan Murano with a CVT transmission supposed to rev so high when driving from a standing position? 2007 Nissan Murano