Q: I have a small oil leak in my car. Is it safe to drive it to work? I only see small puddles in the front area of my car.

asked by on October 26, 2016

I have a small oil leak in my car. Is it safe to drive it to work? I only see small puddles in the front area of my car.

Hey there. An oil leak can vary from anything very minor to very major depending on the location and the volume of oil being leaked. Often times, a small oil leak may be present surrounding a major gasket such as a valve cover, timing chain, or oil pan gasket. The key is to be sure your car has the proper amount of oil in it at all times when you have a leak. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose the oil leak and follow through with repairs.