I have a 2003 Nissan Altima and it running bad and when i...

Q: I have a 2003 Nissan Altima and it running bad and when it stops or is idle it will some time cut off.

asked by on October 29, 2017

I have a 2003 Nissan Altima and it running bad and when it stops or is idle it will some times turn off but if it’s in park it’s fine but it sounds like it’s not getting enough oxygen cause it sounds like a diesel

The suggestion that it sounds like a diesel is a little scary. before you try anything else, be sure to check the engine oil. After that, check under the hood for vacuum lines or any other air fittings that may be loose or in bad condition. Any air that gets into the engine without passing through proper channels will cause the sort of problems you describe. If you don’t find anything there, contact YourMechanic. they can send a technician to your home or office to check out your stalling problem and let your now what it’s going to take to solve your problem.