Q: On full throttle there is a grinding noise under the right hand side of the dashboard

asked by on November 18, 2016

Usually when engine is cold there is a grinding noise under normal acceleration. When the engine is hot the noise goes away. But when accelerating hard, there is this grinding noise under glovebox compartment and worsens when the suspension is compressed. This noise is not constant, or speed related

Hi there: In most cases a grinding noise is caused by lack of lubrication or metal-to-metal contact. It’s commonly a sign of damage to wheel bearings, or suspension components. The best way to correctly diagnose this issue is to have a professional mechanic complete a car is making a noise inspection; so they can correctly diagnose the issue and recommend the right repairs.