Q: Speedometer not working when warm.

The speedometer does not work on my Chevy S10. I replaced the speed sensor and the instrument cluster, and it is still not working. The speedometer works fine when first starting or in cold weather, but quits working once the motor or weather warms up.

Due to the fact this condition is caused by both outside weather and engine temperature I am inclined to look at the vehicle speed sensor side of the circuit as interior cabin temperature is less effected especially by engine temperature. The wiring at the vehicle speed sensor needs to be checked, also the speed sensor needs to be checked that it is generating voltage. Due to the conditions that the failure occurs running new wiring and replacing the connector at the speed sensor may be the repair as it may be difficult to create conditions where the speedometer works and fails for testing. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, to assist in the diagnosis and repair of this issue.

3. Speedometer not working when warm.