Q: installing a upper radiator hose, about an inch down the piece you slide the hose over has a raised lip, do i slide hose over lip

installing a upper radiator hose, on the engine side of the hose about an inch down the piece you slide the hose over has a raised lip, and another raised lip about 2 inches down, do i slide the hose over the first lip and stop at the second lip?

Hello, thank you for writing in. Correct, you want to place the hose clamp between the two raised lips. If the hose will willfully go over the second lip, that is fine. The goal is to have the hose beyond the first lip, and have that lip there to give the clamp something to hold the hose on with. The second lip is to give an area for the hose to recede down into so the hose clamp can get a good grip. The longer the hose stays in place, the more the hose will form to the area giving you a good seal.

3. installing a upper radiator hose, about an inch down the piece you slide the hose over has a raised lip, do i slide hose over lip