Q: Wheel hop/ wobble

At highway speeds 60 plus when turning right it feels as though the front driver side wheel is hopping or wobbling. Almost as if the wheel is going to come off the car. Drives fine at low speeds and in straight lines. Only when turning right. Possibly wheel bearings?

Hello. There are several components that may be causing these symptoms. The easiest to check is the condition of the tires. If they are cracked, warped, low, misaligned then you will possibly have these symptoms. More likely it is related to the wheel bearings or the control arms. The lower control arm plays a critical roll in the suspension and ride comfort. If failing, the wheel bearings will cause an issue with the smoothness of the tire rotation. At certain points within the rotation where the weak points are, you will notice the bump during the turn. It’s possible you will need to replace both the lower control arm and the wheel bearing. If the wobble continues until you make adjustments to the steering angle or speed, that is a big sign that the control arm and bearing are the culprit. A certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to follow through with the proper repairs.