Q: What does the Nissan Intelligent Key™ insertion indicator mean?

asked by on December 14, 2015

What does the Nissan Intelligent Key™ insertion indicator mean?

Your car’s Intelligent Key™ allows you to start the car without the need for a physical key. However, the system isn’t foolproof. It requires that your Intelligent Key™ be programmed and have a good battery. The Intelligent Key™ insertion indicator will be shown on the vehicle information display if the battery dies in the key, and you need to physically insert it into the port for the car’s computer to read the programming. You should also have the battery replaced to avoid the inconvenience.