Q: My car's gas gauge jumps around

Gas gauge jumps around

Hi there. Without knowing what kind of vehicle this is it will be hard for me to give you good information. If your gauges are jumping around it can be from any number of things, but most of the time it is caused by a bad connection at the instrument panel or a voltage issue. That can be a bad connection at the battery or a failing ignition switch. The electrical system will need to be fully checked out to see why this is occurring.

If you want to have this gauge issue checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose why the gauges are acting like this and help you make the necessary repairs.