Q: What precautions should I follow with the cruise control system?

What precautions should I follow with the cruise control system?

A: While your car’s cruise control system isn’...

While your car’s cruise control system isn’t designed to require maintenance, there are several things that you should know about its operation and your safety. Here are the most important

1. If a malfunction happens when cruise control is engaged, it will automatically turn off.

2. Don’t set the cruise control if you cannot maintain the selected speed.

3. Don’t set cruise control if you are not on a relatively flat road traveling at highway speeds.

4. Don’t use cruise control in very hilly areas.

5. Don’t use cruise control in high winds.

6. If the SET light turns on in the dash while the system is not in use, it means your system needs to be inspected.