Q: Oil pressure low- engine reduced power

So after driving my car for a while, oil pressure low warning will come on and ask me to turn off the engine. It comes and goes some times and most recently when I drive over 40 mph, it will cause the engine power to be reduced. What needs to be fixed? I was it may be a sensor...???

This light will usually come on when one of two things are happening. Either the motor is in fact low on oil or the oil pressure sending unit is not working properly and may be producing a faulty reading. I would recommend first, to check the actual oil level in the motor by using the dipstick. Be sure the oil level reaches the "full" mark. If this registers as "full" then you likely have a faulty oil pressure sending unit. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle to determine what may be causing your low oil pressure light to come on.

3. Oil pressure low- engine reduced power