Q: Jerking when accelerating - 2006 Kia Rio5

asked by on September 14, 2016

I just had the oil changed in my car and the transmission flushed. It started jerking very badly when I accelerated. When I accelerated more to go faster it has no power. I also got a free car wash with the maintenance. I wonder if putting it through the car wash did something to it? It has about 75500 miles on it. What do you think is causing this? How do I fix it?

I would take the vehicle back to where the oil and transmission work were done immediately to have them check it out. It’s possible the car wash put water in places it should not be in the engine compartment. On the other hand, the mechanic unfortunately may have bumped something else important.