Ran car in water will not start. Says I key system error ...

Q: Ran car in water will not start. Says I key system error

asked by on July 29, 2017

I drove thru a deep puddle and car shut off completely. I then got out and punched it out of water. Now car won't start. Dash lights come on but key fob not working. Neither is any power to the seats and doors. Have a alert that says I key sestem error.

Water may have infiltrated wiring, terminals, or components. If the vehicle is not even starting (no starter motor operation), the recommended service to pinpoint the cause is a no start diagnostic. I would suggest beginning there and then once the car is running if additional issues remain in other vehicle systems, due to water intrusion, those can be dealt with as well. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.