Q: Coilovers and Sway Bars 2002 Lexus IS300

Hello,

I recently purchased a high-mileage Lexus IS300 and would like to improve the suspension.

How difficult is it to tune coil-overs and install new front/rear sway bars?

Hi there - upgrading your suspension with coilovers and sway bars is not terribly difficult, and is largely an "unbolt the old, bolt on the new", followed by an alignment. It does, however, require appropriate equipment to raise and safely suspend your vehicle while you work underneath it, always an important consideration! There are several tuner suppliers providing these parts. Don’t get carried away with selection of "race track" vs "sport" levels of firmness unless this will be solely a track day car, or other high-speed driving event vehicle. Happy motoring!

3. Coilovers and Sway Bars 2002 Lexus IS300