Q: Is it ok to use castrol 5w30 full synthetic

I have been putting BMW factory oil 5w30 is it ok if I use castrol full synthetic 5w30

A: To prevent potential engine damage, use onl...

To prevent potential engine damage, use only engine oil meeting BMW Long-Life rating LL-01 and of the correct viscosity according to your Owner's Manual. The following products "might" meet the BMW LL-01 specifications, however, you will have to check the current labeling on these products to be sure they still do:

Castrol Syntec European Formula SAE 0w-30 Mobil 1 SAE 0w-40 Penzoil Platinum European Formula Ultra SAE 5w-30 Valvoline SynPower SAE 5w-30 Amsoil European Car Formula 5W-40 Classic ESP Synthetic Motor Oil Amsoil European Car Formula 0W-40 Classic ESP Synthetic Motor Oil

Should you need a trained professional to make an oil selection for you and change the oil and filter, then YourMechanic offers services to do this at your home or office.