Q: car wont start and knocking noise

asked by on October 21, 2017

im driving down the road and my car dash blinks and then my car cuts off so i pulled to the side of the road and try to crank it nothing happens i got a jump nothing happen, changed the alternator it doesnt crank but have knocking noise can you give me some advice

When you turn the engine over with the starter motor, if there is an unusual and marked noise, such as knocking, that did not exist before, that most likely signifies that something has broken. Is the car, by chance, out of oil? Running the engine without oil can cause an engine to stop and also will cause noise. If there is adequate oil, to have the exact cause of the knocking pinpointed, and get an estimate of the required repairs, you can request a vehicle noise diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will also determine why the car is not starting. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.